Thursday, September 17, 2015

Kindness essay

9/17/15
Jake Lewis
English 12
                                                                        The gift of kindness 
"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see"- Mark twain

    The movie is very good and interesting and my dad served 20 years in the air force and he always taught me to respect the people who serve our country. My friend who is going into the army I just thanked him the other day for going in even though  he doesn't ship out till march and I saw a man in a military uniform at the gas station the other day and while me and my friend were their I thanked him for his survice while he was pumping gas. You should always respect and give thanks to those who serve because without them we wouldn't be here right now. This movie kind of inspires me too join the military and that you should always be nice because you don't know what that person has been through and or what that person has done so no matter the cause just be be nice so it inspires me too be nice to people.
 
  I like Bill the most because he takes in stray cats even tho he is in poverty he gives them something nice even though he doesn't have a lot to give.  He also talks about being sad that he is sick but he still continues to go see the troops. I know when I am sick I never wanna go out and public and sense Bill is elderly on top of being sick on the middle of winter it must be really hard for him to go and greet the troops but he still manages to get up and go greet the troops even when he is not in the best condition of his life.

   The people at Wendy's gave me free chicken nuggets because they felt for giving me chicken nuggets that were in the old batch from that after noon. So all in al I got 12 nuggets and 6 of them were free when I said my nuggets were fine but they gave me free ones anyways. Another act of kindness I do on a daily basis is I  take out my elderly neibhors trash everyday and I have been doing that for about 2 years now and I also shovel her walk way and help get decorations for them from their storage unit it makes her happy because she has a bad hip and can't get around that well anymore.

   Once me and my dad were going to Portland to run some errands and on the way there an asshole cut a lady off and she swerved and went off the road into the snow that was around 3 feet deep and we pulled over and helped her out of her car and we called the police and made sure she was ok and if she needed any further help I had to to give a witness report and everything for the police officer.

   I'm gonna apply this in my life by always thanking soldiers for their service and by always doing so wing nice for people weather it's holding the door for someone or towing someone out of a snow bank  . Our generation and the generation before us both show that they are kind buts it's kind of our job now to be kind and hold the door for those people who are walking into Walmart or even as simple as saying have a nice day when hanging up the phone. Kindness come in all shapes and forms and everyone should apply it to their life in one way or another--


   
   
            
                                                
  

No comments:

Post a Comment